Things have been incredibly busy here at EZY Marketing as we help our clients send out timely updates regarding the global COVID-19 response. Marketing has never been a more vital way to reach your audience and let them know of your safety efforts and concerns.
We wanted to take this opportunity to reach out with some recommendations of ways you can handle your business’ approach to communication during this time. The following are our top tips for moving forward with marketing during concerns of COVID-19, or Coronavirus.
1. Send out an email update to your entire list. We know you’ve seen these popping up in your inbox all week as nearly every business is letting their audience know what they’re doing to mitigate risk. For some businesses, like restaurants or service-based industries, this is IMPERATIVE. Email is still the #1 way to reach your followers, and the only guaranteed way to get your information in front of them. Write up a heartfelt letter and send it out ASAP.
2. Update your website. Make sure you have something posted regarding your approach and reaction to COVID-19 clearly stated on your website. When your audience visits for information, you want it to be easy to find and readily available.
3. Update your hours on listings. If you have decided to close your business for the time being, or limit your hours, you should absolutely update your listing hours on the major sources like Google, Bing, Yelp, etc. This will keep your existing and new audiences up to date on your status.
4. Send out regular updates on social media. This is a powerful time to connect with your followers and let them know how things are going within your business. Reiterate what you sent out in your email update. Are you open as usual, or do you have limited hours? Are you giving your staff paid leave for a certain time? Do you need your followers’ help? This is your chance to ask for support. If you are fully closed, you can maintain your relationship with your followers via social media channels in the meantime.
5. Be part of the community. This is an opportunity to truly become a part of your community in the online realm. If you are a local business, many cities have social media campaigns currently running featuring ways to share their audiences and support each other moving forward. How to join in? Comment on fellow business posts, share local articles on how to help, and don’t forget to ask for help yourself if you need it.
6. Lastly, be transparent. We are all doing the best we can to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 spread, and more than anything, transparency is a key element. Your followers want to know what you are doing and how we can all support each other. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this integral conversation.
We are fortunate that our business at EZY Marketing can be entirely virtual. We are seeing COVID-19 seriously affect many of our clients’ businesses and operating procedures, and know that this is a very scary time for many. If you feel that you need help with these updates, or don’t know where to start, please don’t hesitate to call us. A cohesive approach to your marketing strategy is an essential element of weathering this storm.
Call Us Today
Need help implementing one of a things on our list of recommendations? Maybe you need help with more than one? Don’t worry – that’s what we’re here for!